Tuesday 29 August 2017

REVIEW: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer

Hello September,

This month I'm dedicating my reviews on Face Primers as lately I've had a few new ones in my kit which I'm excited to tell you about and also my classic favourites including this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.
These primers actually come as a wide collection - they have around 10 different types, from the Original-skin finishes to the colour correcting primers, all under the Photo Finish Range.

For week 1 I want to focus on my newest primer trial which was the 'Pore Minimiser'
I got this from my friend who works on smashbox before my holidays as a sample mini, which of course was perfect for my travels.
For years I have actually loved the original (which also comes in a 'light' version too.

After using the original, which is good for all skin types with its synthetic, gel like primer is easily adaptable for all skin which is great so I was excited to try this Pore Minimising one.
I wouldn't say I have large pores in any type of way, but on a night out I like to even and control any pores which may become visible in the heat. (Dancing can cause a sweat haha)
My most recent time using this was this bank holiday weekend on a night out and thought I would put it to the test for sure.
I applied it mainly to the t-zone area then spread the excess over the cheeks and forehead.
It glides on lovely, but feels more matte than the original which of course is great for those with larger pores.
It completely smoothed and evened out my skin even before the makeup was on!
My makeup also went on a lot smoother and took less time to blend in, and like you all know I don't use powder, only a sweep of bronzer, so I can sure say my makeup stayed on all night AND without any shine.
Usually those with larger pores tend to have oily skin as your pores are open and are processing oils which is completely normal, so for those with this skin problem I can 100% recommend this.


Smashbox describe this primer to be…


I would agree with the description completely, 'it does what it says on the tin' basically.

Also a while back I did a review on my 'Top recommended Face Primers' during that time, and one of them was Benefit Pore Minimser. I can honestly say that I prefer Smashbox Pore Minimiser over the Benefit Professional. I do still like the benefit one don't get my wrong and it does work wonders but the fact that the Smashbox was more lightweight and spread more easily on the skin without it feeling thick.
But for that reason only, those who like a heavy/thick coverage may prefer the Benefit one due it feeling like it is actually sitting on the skin?

So overall this is definitely a new favourite.
Next Tuesday I shall be sticking with Smashbox Primers and reviewing the 'Colour Corrector' in Green explaining how to use and what its good for, also describing other colour correctors that are available.

Love Sophie xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig