Tuesday 14 November 2017

Powder Beauty Box - October 2017

Another month, another beaut box…
I just get excited every month. So whilst I play, trial and test my latest Novemeber Powder Box, its time to review my October Box with you all, and there sure was some future re-purchases that I will be making.

For October, Powder Beauty wanted to treat their subscribers to treating their skin, ready for the winter months.
They pretty much put together a routine that everybody can incorporate this month using these products all in one - From the facial wash, face mask, serum skincare steps to the foundation sponge, blush, nail colour and an on-the-go fragrance. Sorted!


I used these products continuously until they pretty much ran out, especially the skincare products which now I am going to fill you in on exactly when I used, how i used and the results I got from the products.

1 - Urban Veda Facial Wash 
With face washes I defiantly don't tend to change this often, I love a good foaming wash at the start of my day as the first step of my skincare routine. I like it to feel like my skin is squeaky clean and my skin pH is balanced (without over-drying or left greasy)
This Urban Veda wash introduces you to the new 'double cleansing' hype that everyone is doing lately. (basically remove your makeup with one product, then use a facial wash after to deeper cleanse)
It is also a vegan product, which really drew me in but also removes all dirt and pollution which has accumulated throughout the day - another big thing at the moment is to fight pollution, especially on our skin, so this does the work for you.
I used this was first thing in the morning as i normally would. It was a very gentle cleanser but did balance out the finish of my skin well, leaving it feeling smooth, clean and radiant, but i did prefer to use this product using the 'double cleanse' technique.
So in the mornings I stuck with my normal foaming wash in the end and added this to my skincare routine in the evenings after I removed my makeup with my cleaning oil I washed my face after with this to give an extra cleanse.

2 - Blaq Mask
I have previously purchased one of these 'Black Masks' before but with another brand - they all work the same if I'm honest.
These masks are basically used with a charcoal base ingredient which acts like a magnet to draw out all the dirt and grime from your pores
(This should only be applied on the t-zone, no-where that has hair as you will die in pain when removing this! haha)
This mask basically gets applied onto your pores (can include chin and forhead) especially for areas which contain excess oil and blackheads as this will be your no.1 product if you have the concerns.
I left this on for 15 mins and removed by peeling of the sides and pulling across until it rolls off in one. Its so easy and I actually love removing things like this (remember peeling PVA glue off your hands in school? Thats exactly what this mask is like)
I personally think this is great for people with deep pores but for me it just touched the surface as there wasn't much this could do for me at this point.

3 - Nip+Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum 
I do love a lot of Nip + Fabs skincare range so i was excited to give this 'Dragons Blood' Serum a shot. You may have heard about Kim Kardashians Dragons Blood Facial? Well don't worry, its not as scary looking as hers.
This thick textured serum is amazing for the moisture boost this winter it really felt like my skin was conditioned, plumed and hydrated - I will say its one of my favourite serums I've used so i shall definitely be buying this one again.
I mainly used this in the evening after my cleanse and before my night time moisturiser.
Heres a POW-ER TIP - Apply your serums on slightly damp skin for this is when your skin in most absorbent.

4 - Look Good Feel Better Sculpting Sponge
Ive had a good fair few sponges in my makeup life… this one is defo in my top 3.
This sponge was firm enough and gentle on the skin, but actually worked better dry, not damp.
A great thing about this sponge is it is a 'multi-tasking' sponge as it has different shapes all around.
Use the round/dome tip to apply foundation and concealers, highlighters and anything creamy and use the flat edge to trace and define, such as powders. Sure is a makeup bag key!
I tend to use sponges mainly for my under eye concealing and if i do want to 'bake' my face.

5 - Lottie London Blush in 'Nick'
There was apparently 2 shades of blusher sent out for Lottie London, I got the shade 'NICK' the brightest fuchsia pink I've ever laid my eyes on, so I did think 'I will never use this!'
Of course I gave it a shot, i did this with my full face done, so if this went wrong I was in for a shock…
I actually really loved the bright flushed look that it gave me, although i did apply it with the lightest of  touch as I couldn't let this go wrong, but no one would need a lot of this products - it would definitely look amazing on fair skinned ladies but it really gave me a healthy, bright look even to the naturalist of looks.
POW-ER Tip - Use a large soft blush brush to diffuse the colour, we don't want no coco the clowns.

6 - Nails Inc in 'Futures Bright'
Ok so this was a little mistake that Powder may have made in my box… I was supposed to receive the Nails Inc Corrector Pen but instead I got another nail colour - but this one was a 'Mindful Manicure' edition - which actually means that this paint was infused with the Citrine Crystal'.
If any of you are into Crystals this actually states for Happiness and Heart Shielding which I thought was a lovely touch to a nail polish and would actually make me buy these for that reason.
This shade is a peach/nude tone with a stunning iridescent glow to it, slightly shimmery but more metallic dimensions.

7 - Calvin Klein Obsessed (EDPafum)
Last but not least I got a miniature purse spray from Calvin Klein for his new fragrance 'Obsessed' (for women)
Now, I've never been a CK fan, they do come across to me and are advertised a lot for unisex fragrances which usually just smell fresh and airy, maybe a bit of musk, so they are not my sort of smells.
Although i gave this a shot, i really wasn't keen on the initial smell, its is very potent but fresh then it does settle down to a soft but masculine scent.
Still not for me but I guess those of you who like something more airy for day-to-day wear then I don't see why not
It does contain Neroli, Lavender and Musk, which actaually is a soft mixture of the 3 - You should for sure give it a smell.

Has may review made you want to try any of these products?

Cant wait to share my November Powder beauty Box with you next month.

Sophie xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig