Friday 26 January 2018

REVIEW: Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

A trip to New York obviously meant SEPHORA SPEND UP…

Im a Makeup Artist were talking about here!
How could I dare leave the big apple without a bag of makeup. Theres so many brands here that we cannot get unless we order online and pay a ton of shipping.
Let me tell you, I definetly underestimated how good Sephora really is! I just expected it to be a shop full of makeup which is obviously amazing, but it was the amount of brands under one roof and all the products your see American makeup bloggers rave about just put me in my element, and of course I got carried away!

You may have seen my New York buys on my instagram post when i got back a couple of weeks ago.
Well after a week of testing and trialing the Fenty Foundation that went crazy when Rihanna released such an 'unexpected' range I just had to grab my colour and of course but this foundation to the test.

The shade of foundation I got was '300' - 40 foundation shades, so no one should have a problem finding the perfect one.

So heres the verdict…
I actually disliked the application of this foundation, I still haven't found the best/most perfected way which I am happy to apply this foundation with - BUT, I LOVE the finish?!!
How is this possible?
So ive tried,
- Stippling Brush
- Dense Buffing Brush
- Sponge
- Silicone Sponge
- Fingers

When applying this foundation, I felt as if it kept looking streaky, and each application wouldn't press into my skin and stay without looking like it needs smoothing over.
So I stop the application process after i have patted this into my skin as the final step.
THEN, this foundation actually sets into the skin itself and actually dries with the most flawless, even, matte and amazing coverage finish!
I honestly am explaining this, the best I possibly can.

So after using for a week I have found that my favourite way to apply this is with my Dense Buffing Brush from Real Techniques and then patting in with my Sponge - DRY!
This still doesn't make me happy at the finishing point of this foundation, but give it 10 mins, and it sets like a dream - it becomes so even, flawless and a perfect coverage for anyone who loves medium - full

This foundation is also stated as a Matte Finish, it definitely isn't radiant in any way, but the matte finish doesn't look drying which I love, it just looks smooth and fresh.
I then finish off my skin using a bronzer to naturally contour, blush and highlight. FACE DONE.

So this sure is a funny one when it comes to recommending but I have to say, its worth the play!
The finished look is unachievable compared to any other foundations that I have tried, but don't get me wrong, I still have many favourites as all foundations give a different finish and effect.


Don't forget to check out my New York Skincare routine, as this had to change drastically to suit the -12 temperature.
Basically it could have ruined, dried and broken my within my skin if I didnt do what I did with my regime.

I shall do more reviews on my Sephora buys in future.

Love Sophie x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig