Friday 26 February 2016

How to get Glowing Skin

Decided to give you all a post on how to achieve glowing skin. 
I want to get you all ready for the Spring/Summer and without a doubt it's going to be all about glowing skin.

First of all I recommend getting your skincare routine perfect! 
A good cleanser, toner, serum, moisturiser (day/night) and a face mask that you should use one a week.
This will not only leave you with clean, clear, flawless skin but to get that glowing look your skin needs hydration otherwise you will get those dry areas and the makeup won't have a good base to give you that healthy glow.
Don't forget that I offer this FREE SKINCARE CONSULTATION service to anyone, which I also recommend the products to purchase straight from me, so saves you messing around and you can all get started quickly.
Message me for this service :)
(My skin from using these products - and my glowing skin technique)


After the skincare is sorted I recommend a good radiant/illuminating primer under the foundation.
This will even out the skin and leave an extra base so that the makeup slides on and stays for longer.
So that when you apply the foundation this glow will reflect through.


Now you can either use your normal foundation or get a more dewy, radiant foundation to compliment your base so that they go perfectly hand in hand.

After the foundation a good creamy under eye concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation with brighten up any area that you want to illuminate.
Remember - highlighting is for areas you want to bring out, Contouring is areas you want to sit back/fade.
Best places for this is under eye, outline of your brows, centre of the nose, and centre of the forehead. You can apply to more ares depending on your face shape.


Once you have applied to these areas leave it thick for a few moments then sponge into the skin with a beauty blender or just tap with your fingers until the product dissolves.

After this I would advice to set the area closely under your eye with powder to prevent this from creasing.
I myself I would go without a powder over the rest of the skin but if you like to set it altogether then you can buy powders with illuminating reflects in them such as - Nars and Guerlain 

Once the rest of your makeup is complete go over those highlighter ares with you purpose highlighting product. Best place to apply this is of course on the tops of your cheekbones and under the brow bone, this gives a gorgeous glowing affect that you can see in different lights.
You can purchase products either powder, liquid or cream forms.

Also I need to fill you in on the latest trend that WILL take over Contouring. 
STROBING is the new thing, this is basically excentuating the face with just using 1 product, so no more contouring to get that chiselled look, it's all about strobing (highlighting) the skin on your high point and letting the light reflect on your feature. This is also 10x quicker than the whole contouring trend.

Next Friday my blog post will be all about my top recommended highlighting products from highlighting concealers to direct highlighters for each texture.

I'd love to know what products you use for your highlighting.
So please comment below, or if you have any questions feel free to leave them and I will get back to you 

Sophie xx
SHARE:

2 comments

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig