Wednesday 15 August 2018

REVIEW: Hourglass Vanish Highlighting Stick

I remember these Hourglass highlighting sticks being released when I was in Australia back in February this year, and of course I did the hand swatching and fell in love with the creamy texture and packaging of the vanish sticks.
At that point, id spent enough on makeup products that I was worried my luggage was already going to be overweight, so I let it pass and convinced myself I didn't need any more highlighters…

4 month later, I still have love hearts in my eyes when I see them in Space NK.
I finally purchased the Vanish Highlighting Stick in shade 'Champagne Flash' - the most popular of shades out of the other 4.
The shade is a lot more universal for pretty much all neutral skin tones, with its warm but bright undertones, and its radiant sparkle on the skin.

The Hourglass sticks come in a triangular tube with the product twisting up from the bottom as you reuse the products.
Because of the triangular shape it makes the stick apply onto the high points of the face in a dimension that sits well on the skin.
They glide on smoothly with its creamy, satin texture which feels weightless on the skin.
Once applied from the stick, I use my fingers to blend in the product to soften and edges when applied.
The best thing about the application is that it works over dewy and matte skin.
I of course tested this highlighter out after setting my skin with loose powder, and it still had the airbrushed finish on the skin, where I was actually expecting it to partition the texture with a cream sitting onto of powder, but it worked beautifully and still looked an even finish.

The product was also long-wearing, and was in no need to touch up throughout the day. It really did keep its natural looking glow, that was visible but wasn't too over the top 'disco ball' like highlighter.
So dont be afraid.
Hourglass also recomend that you can mix multiple shades of the sticks to achieve your desired finish.

Hourglass created these vanish stick using a soft-focus technology, using symmetrical microspheres in the formula which is what helps the product have that smooth, blendable application that are created to give a beautiful 'flash of light' to this skin.

You apply the highlighter sticks to the high points of your face, such as; Brow bone, Cheek Bone, Cupids Bow and Tip/Bridge of the nose and blend with your fingers.
You can also use this under your makeup base by dotting the vanish over the face and working your foundation in over the top.
A great highlighting product which you can use for multiple uses.

These retail at many stores, mine was from Space NK, a beautiful beauty boutique that are spread across the UK and online - they retail at £38.

Have you purchased a Hour Glass Vanish Stick?
Or have you ever tried a creamy highlighter?

Love Sophie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig