Thursday 30 August 2018

REVIEW: NARS Climax Mascara

'Don't stop, keep going, reach your climax with explosive volume' - Nars' all over right?
From their 'Orgasm' range and 'Deepthroat' best sellers they don't hold back when it comes to sexual language.
But its all part of the fun, and gets us all talking; they know exactly what they are doing.

Im a massive Nars fan, and always willing to try their new products, especially their skin/base ranges, they hit the nail on the head every time with these products.
Luckily Glamour Beauty sent me the new NARS Climax mascara to test out as soon as it got released - so cute with the little NARS pouch too!

Right now Benefit Bad Gal Bang has taken over my mascara love since it came out, and ive found nothing like it, it does make my lashes amazing but it does imprint on my under eyes after a few hours if i am using a creamy concealer.
So trying Climax was something I was curious on testing out.

First of all, the brush is quite big. My personal preference for mascara wands are actually comb bristles as I like to add length to my lashes more than thick volume, many people will differ with this.

The brush is like 3 little pearls on top of each other, so it has that curling benefit to the wand.
The bristles are 'ribbed' to coat the lashes with its whipped, lightweight 'moisture complex' formula.
It has extra black pigments, for the darkest of lashes and also a featherlight touch to the finished lashes. It doesn't feel weighty even after 3 layers.
I love the natural, feathery effect that it leaves on your lashes.
I have had compliments on how my lashes have set and partitioned from the mascara to give that fluttery, lightweight look, instead of that thick clumpy finish that we really don't want.

I would say this mascara is more for adding volume, so the best way i have decided to carry on using this is on the base of my top lashes to add volume on the root, then my other mascara to add length to the tips and bottom.

Nars actually recommend their top tip to holding the wand for 5 seconds on the root of your lashes to add extra curl then wiggle up through to the tips.

The Packaging!!! I love it. Sometimes red plastic can give the vision to be a little tacky looking, but I love how it stands out in my makeup bag.
Best of all, this mascara lasts all day on the lashes, no imprints, no fall out just natural, volumised lashes.

This mascara retails at £21, get it from standing stores, department stores and my favourite beauty boutiques 'Space NK'

Who's going for the Climax?
Is this your next mascara buy?

Love Sophie xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig