Tuesday 29 December 2015

Top 5 December Beauty Products

Can we believe that we are less than a week away from 2016, as usual the year has flown by. I always think there is not enough hours in the day never mind how quick these last few days have been.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with loved ones, eating and drinking yourselves to sleep every night, but get ready for the rave of fitness in January, you have 3 days to consume all of your Christmas chocolates haha.

For my last blogpost of 2015 I decided show you my top 5 beauty products of December.
I have either used the products everyday or just realised my love for them and need them as a staple in my makeup kit.



1st I have SMASHBOX CONTOUR STICKS
These come in a pack of 3 containing a highlight, bronze and contour, they are pretty much self explanatory. Starting of with contouring the hollow of your cheeks, adding the bronze just above which helps blend them both in an ombré effect and the highlight just above to add the light onto the face. These steps can be applied anywhere on the face that you are choosing to contour.
In this pack also has a sharpener which is the correct size for the pencils and a mini step by step booklet of how to use.
I also use mine with the beauty blender and this helps blend each colour well together but your fingers will work just as well as they are very creamy and easy to blend.
To view my blogpost on Contouring click HERE 

2 - BOBBI BROWN SPARKLE EYE SHADOW (in Sunlight) 
This eyeshadow has been my go to Christmas products. Every Christmas my glitter obsession comes out and I just want it on everything! 
This product is easy to encorporate with any look at it is a transparent glitter so it does back on with pigment it layers a shade of glitter, so it can be used over any colour eyeshadow or on its own of course.
Best applied with fingers in a tapping mention as it packs on the glitter in a more intense light.

3 - NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER (in Vanilla) 
I have previously blogged about the product HERE more in depth but I had to put this in my top 5 as I have used this every day since I brought it.
I never used to really use under eye concealers on a daily basis but form my Christmas 3am shifts I was starting to detect my dark circles from lack of sleep and this was just a miracle product for me. The creaminess blended easily under the eyes without creasing as it set to a more powdered finish although it kept the radiant glow and just beautifully evened out my skin tone and covered the darkness.

4 - KIKO UNLIMITED STYLO (in MOCHA 13)
KIKO opened in Derby in Novemeber and from previously purchasing eyeshadows in Marbella and loving the pigments I decided to get a basketful and this was one of my favourites.
It goes on the lips so creamy and silky but dries to a matte effect lipstick and does not budge! This just lasts all day, and the best thing is, it doesn't get that dry tacky feeling that some matte lipsticks can. I was honestly amazed of how this worked and just couldn't get my head around it.
I soon got over it and just wore this every day with it being such a perfect winter shade, slightly purple undertone to this shade also.
Oh and you can not go wrong with the price, just less than £5!!! I need more.

Last but not least number 5 - LOREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION 
This is my staple foundation in my personal makeup bag for the past month! 
I have never really found my favourite premium brand foundation, I actually prefer high street ones believe it or not! 
I don't know what made me buy this £9.99 foundation but I'm so glad I did.
I always go for a medium to full coverage foundation and this was perfect as it also evened out my skin tone and gives a gorgeous healthy glow as this foundation is made to adapt to your skin type, so at first when I applied this it did feel like it would be a powdery matte finish but I was wrong, this settled to a luminous glow which blended easily and lasts all day.

Thes 5 products are what I would highly recommend as I always give my honest opinion and hope you love them as much as I do if I have tempted you to buy any of these.

So with this being my last blog post of 2015 I hope you have a lovely new year and wish you all the best for 2016.

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming business ventures included makeup masterclasses and one to one lessons.
I will also be emailing out the first of my Monthly Makeup Newsletters including, offers, images and makeup updates and lots more, so if you want to join my mailing list please leave your email below or visit my website and fill in the mail box with your email.
Www.makeupbysophiedowning.co.uk

JANUARY OFFER - 10% of makeup application bookings for the whole month 

Don't miss out ladies
Contact me on 
Makeupbysophiedowning@yahoo.co.uk
Facebook.com/Makeupbysophiedowning 

Love Sophie x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig