Wednesday 6 December 2017

Day 1-5 Beauty Advent Calendar 2017

It doesn't seem long since I did this last year…
If you followed me back then, you were probably one of my followers who really enjoyed my Christmas Countdown, reviewing each product every 5 days.
I got lots of people asking me if i was doing a beauty advent calendar again last year, my answer was, why not!
I did a bit of research to see what goodies were in the beauty advents this year, a few online beauty departs caught my eye, but M&S pipped the post again, as the products again, were unique brands and a great variety of all things beauty.
This year, for the packaging, it was cute little houses within a large house…



It costs £35 when you spend £35 in store at M&S or £250 to buy it on its own… That wasn't happening!

Its already time to review Days 1-5 of the little houses this year…

Day 1 - Rosie by Autograph - Tinited Shimmer Lotion
Im a massive fan or this collection, I cant say a bad word about any of the products, I actually label it the high street version of Charlotte Tilbury, what a compliment!
Id also seen this lotion is the store, and the first thing that caught my attention was the smell.
I was happy to open this on day one and looked forward to using this on the weekend.
I didnt actually expect this lotion to be this tinted, i thought it would just be a more shimmery moisturiser, but no its defiantly a 'instant tan' just not as intense as the high street ones you buy.
I love it, i think this may actually be a daily cream that i can apply every morning, especially on my chest and arms, i feel very pale this time of year.

Day 2 - Filorga Radiance Mask
If i'm honest, I didn't expect the application to be like a light clay mask setting especially with it claiming to be a 'radiance' mask i thought it would be more shiny/dewy whist working on the skin.
So this made me more dubious of how my skin will look radiant when the mask was pretty much matte, although my skin did feel balanced one i had washed it off after 20mins.
The creamy texture is actually helping stimulate the collagen and cellular activity - after researching whjy this mask is so different.
Not only is this for radiance but also treats wrinkles and erases the signs of tiredness (which i definitely need on the run up to christmas!
I would say this mask is more for an overall health glow to the skin activity more than aiming for radiance but i will carry on using and see if it has later results.

Day 3 - Nuxe Precious Scented Shower Oil
Nuxe is known for their 'Dry Oil' which can be used on hair, body and face, and im a big fan that! So to see it in a shower gel form was like a magpie seeing silver!
I used this straight away in the morning.
From experience I would defiantly wash in my normal shower gel and use this as a second wash whilst I massage well into the skin so i get the benefits of the oil better.
Only because this didnt froth up like I preferred it too but I shouldn't expect this from a oil right?
Love it though, just not a fan of the smell.

Day 4 - Gatineau Melatogenine Intense Advanced Rejuvenating Cream
Never heard of this brand or product so it was nice to discover something totally new.
I used this in the day after I had cleansed and applied my day serum.
I found the texture of this moisturiser quite thick for a day cream actually, which did worry me with my makeup application after. Although my makeup applied perfectly and actually set really nicely so maybe this did have an input?
But when i researched more into it it said to apply in an upwards DABBING motion, which totally explains the thick consistency. after doing it correctly my skin felt a lot more plumped and protected with a nice even layer of moisturiser.
I can see this being a massive hit for over 50s!!
It claims to boost your natural radiance within the skin, and targets wrinkles, lines and sagging skin to prolong a youthful complexion - its what we all want right?
Its a Paris, French brand which actually explains the slight clinical smell to this cream, I imagine this being a pharmacy high end product over there, with well researched ingredients.
This cream is prices at a great £55 for 50ml.

Day 5 - Rodial Dragons Blood Sculpting Gel 
Every Rodial product that I have tried, i have loved, no lie!
I was exciting to start using this. I used this sculpting gel as a serum, after my cleanser but before my moisturiser.
It smelt gorgeous and left my skin feeling really smooth. Of course its a gel formula, so it is light weight and worked really well with my makeup on top too.
So I shall carry on using this.


Overall, after my first 5 days of this years beauty advent, i'm happy with the products so far, and have for sure discovered products that I would actually buy in the future!
So heres to the next 20 days on our Christmas countdown.

Follow me on Instagram for daily photos on what I have got each morning, before waiting for the 5 day review ;)

Sophie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig