Thursday 28 December 2017

Day 21-25 Beauty Advent Overall Review

We made it to the BIG DAY!!
Christmas day didnt half fly round, maybe it because im not a child any more? Or maybe opening all these beauty goodies kept me going?

Im afraid I wasn't going to do this review on Christmas Day… Which is why I thought id wait until the celebrations are over - or at least that bit in the middle of Christmas and New Year when we don't know what day, time or date it is? Do you agree?

Im still in holiday mode, but if we all get back into it a little now then January won't seem so much of a black hole!
Although im so excited for wheat a new year brings, and first of myself and Grace (hairstylist) are bringing a 'Revitalising Hair and Makeup Masterclass' on the 28th January - showcasing step by step looks that can help bring you a new look to 2018 - start fresh learn new things.
See our event here - https://www.facebook.com/events/170747603660632/
Tickets are available now.

Anyway, back to what you came here for…
Hers my final product reviews form the advent calendar, then at the end I have told you my TOP favourite products from the past 25 days, for which i WILL be buying again!

Day 21- Balance Me - Rose Otto Facial Oil
You know im a sucker for oil, especially in the summer I was. But many people are scared to put oils into the skin, thinking it will make them oily, that is NOT the case - it balances out the natural oils, one the skin has been cleansed of all the oils produced throughout the night and day, an oil product then gets applied to clean skin and balances out the skin, inputting the correct oils for the skin to feed off.
Does that make it sound less scary?
Well this Balance Me one is a range of skincare which is directed at more sensitive skin, so people that cant play about with too much product. They can become red or become irritant to too many products on the skin at once.
I thought this was a perfect oil for those that don't want to 'feel' like their skin has oil on it, or those that are sensitive and oily normally.
For me i like to feel the product and it be very nourishing but it's definitely personal preference and not in my bad books.

Day 22 - M&S Hydrating Confidence Boost Primer
This primer sure did what it said on the tube. It really was hydrating but it felt just like a moisturiser to me, not so much a primer, even when it settled into this skin. Nice for those that have dry patches when they apply makeup!

Day 23 - M&S Formula Ultimate Sleeping Cream
I actually got this in last years advent. I liked it last year, but this year, they MUST have changed the formula because i loved it!!
The smell was sweet like raspberries when i applied it as night time, it was so nourishing and in the morning my skin looked radiant and fresh!
They describe this 'looks like you've had 8 hours sleep, even when you haven't' Haha! I can say that this sure gave me that look.

Day 24 - PUR Correcting and Illuminating Primer
Christmas Eve, I don't think i got ready… So i didn't use this until Christmas Day, but when i did, i thought it was great! It was a 'skin colour' shade which must have been the correcting side of it, and the radiance was beautiful as soon as it was applied on the skin.
My makeup looks glowing and even too! So I think i looked good enough on Christmas Day thanks to this.

Day 25 - 'My Favourite Things…' Beauty Bag
The big window at the top of all the countdown houses just looked exciting!
But i was disappointed… I don't think I will be using this, but I guess its a handy little makeup bag to throw in your handbags or to travel with.
Plus the design was Christmassy cute, but you could get away with using this all year round.

Heres my makeup look from Christmas Day - I pretty much wore a Big Red Lip all week!


Now heres the truth - 
The products I loved the most, and which i will buy in the future are;
- Rosie Amazing Radiance Body Glow - Day 1
- Rodial Dragons Blood Sculpting Gel - Day 5
- Eye Black Magic Mascara - Day 8
- M&S Formula Radiance Reveal Peel - Day 10
- Emma Hardie Morniga Cleansing Balm - Day 13
- Ameliorate Transforming Body Lotion - Day 19
- M&S Formula Ultimate Sleeping Cream - Day 23
- PUR Correcting and Illuminating Primer - Day 24

I was not disappointed with this Beauty Advent overall, I think M&S do a great job with these products, great sizes and amazing choices from them.
I will sure be doing another countdown next year, let see who impresses me.

But first lets LIVE FOR 2018!
And make it your best yet.

Hopefully see you at the January Hair and Makeup Masterclass.
https://www.facebook.com/events/170747603660632/

Love Sophie xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig