Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Summer Holiday Makeup Collection

I think I take longer deciding on what makeup products to pack rather than what outfits I'm taking.

With me going to Corfu for 2 weeks I knew I needed radiant skin and striking eyes (more than lips was my mood) so after I while stripping my makeup kit to pieces I decided to take at least a universal eyeshadow palette then a mix of new and old products.

I love mixing up my makeup routine when I go away. It makes me use my old products and any new buys that I have lately purchased for reasons that it lets me try them in different ways and gives me limited choice on what I can use so I know I will create looks that I may never have thought of.

So if your going on holiday why not try packing some old makeup products that you've thrown to the side for a while or just totally forgot about. It makes you re-love these products all over again, trust me.



So here's what I took...
FACE -
MAC Fix + - love my little miniature, can be used as a base, finishing spray and a mixing liquid (this helps wet your eyeshadows and also holds and loose pigments)
MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion - This beauty will always be in my top 3, I couldn't live without it. I love how it gives you the illuminous glow (even under your foundation) the light shines on it perfectly.
NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer - My new buy of the summer!! I'm over powder Bronzers and totally in love with liquid Bronzers. Partly because I prefer a dewy finish over a powdered finish but the bronzer is perfect on its own once you have a nice tan or mixed in with your foundation for the first couple of days, which is what I did.

EYES
MAC Warm Palette x15 - so I think I got this around 1-2 years ago, and I have a love/hate relationship with Mac eyeshadows, especially the shimmer ones, I just find the pigment isn't strong enough for me. (Just my opinion) but I also have Mac shadows which are my favourite.
I do have the Cool palette to this one too but I thought warm would be more appropriate for a hot summer holiday. This is a palette I never got much use out of so I decided to take this with me and see if I fall in love with this over again, and I did. I pretty much used this palette nearly every night as some of the shades are amazing! Especially the far right 2 columns.
Charlotte Tilbury 'The Dolce Vita' Palette - I needed some warm pinky red tones in my kit as I love these eye looks right now so this was an easy choice.
Charlotte Tilbury 'The Sophisticate' Palette - can't got wrong with CT right now and this palette was my universal. I find this one has the most basic, usable shades you can need from a day to night look so this was my safety choice.
Bobbi Brown 'Sparkle' Eyeshadow singles - you may know these are my favourite things in my kit right now! They go with anything, wether on its own or over the top of any shade! So I took 'Baby Peach' and 'Silver Moon' so I would have a choice for cool or warm toned eye looks.
Barry M Pigments in 44 & 106 - 44 is the perfect bronze so this would stand out in the inner corner or centre of the eyelid and 106 is a beautiful cool nude which would illuminate and brighten my eye look.
Peaches and Cream Pigment in 'nude' this nude pigment is a more bronze metallic shade so this would give a different texture to any eye look and stand out to bring more focus on where I placed this.
Pigments are a perfect addition to any makeup look, it can easily take a look from day to night giving it that bit of striking glamour as most pigments are shimmers and can also be purchased in glitters.


LIPS
I mainly took nude shades due to me wanting to focus on my eye looks, so I chose
MAC - Spirit
Charlotte Tilbury - Very Victoria
Charlotte Tilbury - Bitch Please
I also chose to bring a statement red 
Loreal - Juliannes Red 

So these products were my main chosen products, of course I took my usual contour, highlight, eyeliner, brow powder as well but these products were my change of choice purposely for my holiday :) 

I hope this has helped you choice your holiday collection or even got you wanting to purchase and try new eye products.
It fun! Give you makeup a change even if it's for a night out.
Or feel free to contact me if you would like to book a ocassional makeup application with me.
I also do makeup lessons which guides you through step by step techniques and products

Contact me on 
makeupbysophiedowning@yahoo.co.uk
Facebook.com/makeupbysophiedowning
Instagram @makeupbysophiedowning 

Watch out later in the week for my important holiday skincare routine and what I used around the pool. 
Sophie X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig