Monday 13 March 2017

REVIEW: Burberry 'Dusky Pink' Lip Velvet Lipstick

You may all know that I went on a mini holiday/city break to the BEAUTIFUl Barcelona.
All I can say is this was an amazing experience to what I'm used to when I go away on summer holidays.
Just due to the fact that a city is all about exploring and sight seeing such an interesting place.
5 days was just enough, we literally did and saw everything, including a bike ride and walking 25,000 steps per day!! Calves were in agony.

But I'm back to reality and was straight back to weddings on the saturday, good job i love my job :D

Of course whilst I was in Barcelona we went shopping at the Cantalunya area with all the luxury designer boutiques.
I really wanted to tray myself to some sort of accessory like new shoes or a handbag, but i didnt fall in love with any that afternoon. Then my eyes were drew to the Burberry Makeup stand in their boutique.

I couldn't help myself but to buy their latest Spring 2017 Velvet Lipstick.
In shade 'Dusky Pink - no.406'
For Spring Makeup Trends this year is big for the dusky rose shades with a grey undertone.
I had already discovered VB for Estee Lauder as her lip colour was pretty similar with the grey undertone, that I was thinking about going back for but of course Burberry pipped the post!


Look at this beauty!
You didnt think i just got a tube of lipstick in its packaging right?
Oh no, it came in its own little cylinder box, gift wrapped in a Burberry bag.
Im paying for the little things, i know, but how could I resist.

Burberrys Lip Velvet range are their most pigmented lipsticks, giving the most colour pay offs than the others.
Im one for the deep pigments as I want to see the colour on the lips and it not just look sheer and invisible, so I knew I wanted this range.


Burberry claims these lipsticks to be;

  • Discover the modern way to wear matte, inspired by the most opulent of English fabrics.
  • The richly pigmented lip colour glides on effortlessly, delivering a creamy, soft-matte finish with elegant and bold full coverage in one stroke. The light-as-air, comfortable-wear lipstick delivers defined shape and continuous colour with a lasting velvet finish.
  • – One-stroke full coverage
  • – Creamy, soft-matte texture
  • – Non-drying formula


All that is bang on.
I love the creamy formula and the soft matte finish that this lipstick gives to a look.
However lots of matte lipsticks dry quite hard and dry on the lips which causes to flake throughout the day whereas this one stays creamy.

The gorgeous packaging has a magnetic seal on the lipstick top and comes with the classic burberry textured fabric printed on the lipstick and the casing.

All I can say is go out there and treat yourself! 
Im temped to get one of the 'Liquid Lip Velvets' next in the striking 'Bright Crimson' which is like a neon coral, I wish i got both now…
I can see this being my go to summer lip for sure!!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    Lipstick in a Pen

    ReplyDelete

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig