Wednesday 23 August 2017

August Holiday Makeup (Part 1)

Why do holidays come and go so quickly, we live in paradise for those few weeks then everyone has reality fear… Thats what I'm having right now.

But on the plus side I have a job which I love so I can't wait to fill you all in on the makeup products I took to Zante with me for the 2 weeks I had off.
On previous holidays I would pack a double sided bag with me, but this time I really wanted to focus on having flawless bronzed skin and not playing about with bright colours too much, don't get me wrong I did have a sneaky Red Lip thrown in there a few of the nights, its all about the outfit coordinate right 😉

Heres a list of products I used every evening…

The Body Shop Instablur
I couldn't go away without taking my favourite 'natural' branded products, so I knew Instablur would be the perfect product.
This kept my sweaty pores closed and maintained when my makeup was applied as this product fully blurs out any imperfections and leaves your skin looking flawless! Its a must.

MAC Strobe Cream 
THE face base highlighter you all need, I'm sure Ive raved about this a few times, its perfect for the highlighted skin under your foundation which radiates though and makes your skin look fleeky!!
Check my full review HERE 
My review was from the previous, standard strobe liquid, now they have a variety of shades and glows!

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
A beautiful radiant, medium coverage foundation which I used at least for the first week, just to keep my skin having that even coverage, getting a tan is always patchy on the first few days.
I used around 2 pumps and buffed this evenly over my skin using a stippling brush giving my face that flawless, subtle finish.

NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer
Now this may be one you've never tried… A liquid Bronzer, honestly it will be your best friend on holidays because it saves you buying foundations 2 shades darker just for a few weeks.
Each night i mixed around 3-4 pumps with my foundation which i buffed into the skin again so that it mixed evenly.
It also contains a very slight shimmer within the bronzer which leaves a stunning effect in the light.


NARS Radiant Concealer 
My every-day concealer hasn't changed in so long, i love this one, its creamy and blends easily under the eyes without creasing - see me full review HERE

NARS Laguna Powder Bronzer
Now this is the same as the liquid bronzer but a powder version.
I lightly dusted this onto my face after the foundation to slightly set the liquid, mattify my skin 'slightly' - I am going for a dewy finish with my products but in 40 degree heat of greece, i will sweat and go a little shiny through the evening so this will just keep my skin tamed instead of covering my skin in loose powder.
I also used this for my contouring and a wanted nothing too heavy, just a natural cheekbone shading, which looks beautifully natural! Im still using this now.

MAC 'Gingerly' Blusher
This is my everyday blusher no matter where I am! I love it, its the perfect shade for my medium, warm skin tone, as it has that peachy undertone but also looks bronzed at the same time.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
My new bargain-find! Fell in love with this pencil about a month ago, with it being micro it makes it so much easier and natural looking to fill in and shape your brows with this pencil.
It has the pencil one end (which is a twist up) and a brow brush on the opposite end.

NYX Brow Mascara
Another brow saviour! This tames and sets your brows with a easy stroke of the brush, it also contains a colour pigment so when this is brushed onto your hairs it will slightly tint them which will help give extra texture to the finish brow look. We all love a perfect groomed brow.
TIP: Don't drop this from a high point, I flew this onto the floor and it smashed… its not even glass 😒

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara 
My FAVOURITE Mascara to date, I've tried so many and I can never find one which tops Lancome. On holiday I used this on my bottom lashes only due to me having Russian lashes whist I was there, which of course helped the finished look every day and night without me having to do anything.

MAC Lustre Drops Highlighter
Some funny reason, I always grab this highlighter when I go abroad, I think because of the fact this is liquid makes it blend onto my skin easily in the heat and humidity and also sets like a bomb with the shimmer I get from this product.
I don't think many people know about these at MAC, they are such a hidden gem!

Urban Decay HEAT Palette (BRAND NEW)
Of course I took the new Heat palette with me. To be honest I only used it on the first few night because I honestly got lazy and just wanted a clean natural look. As you can tell from the minimal products used, although I do LOVE this palette anyway, its my addiction right now, i love every shade.

LIPS -
I took a varied collection with me, as I love a good choice of shades in lippys
Body Shop Lip Cream - Statement Red, in a pink tone. Goes on so creamy and lasts ages, as well as smells devine.
MAC Spirit - When we get a tan, nudes start to look washed out, so make sure you go darker!
MAC Modesty - A sheer pink toned, glossy nude stick
KIKO - Coral Matte - I had a red, a pink and a nude, I couldn't go without a coral, although i will say, the matte effect wasn't great in such a hot temperature. I ended up layering with a lip oil
YSL Lip Oil no.4 - A sheer peach lip oil which has amazing shine pay off, and looks great on its own or over any lip colour.

So as you can see, i didn't take any liners, bright colour makeup or anything out of the ordinary, I went for the bronzed, sun kissed, dewy look.
But I thought all these products would be perfect for anyone going away, or even just giving ideas on what products work best in the heat also.

Get ready for Part 2, based on my Holiday Skincare Products next week, there SO MUCH to tell and show you all about the products I used and tested…

If you have any questions about holiday makeup then leave me a comment.

Have you used any of these products?
What are your holiday go-to products this year?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig