Sunday 10 December 2017

Day 6-10 Beauty Advent Calendar 2017

Were nearly half way to Christmas - who's ready?
I feel like im not, but I have actually pretty much brought everything…

Anyway, im still loving opening my M&S Beauty Advent Calendar every morning and it honestly is staying just as good!
So its time to review the next 5 products…

Day 6 - Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 'Perla'
Liquid Lipsticks are taking over many brands since Kylie Jenner launched her Lipkits.
I myself, have tried many different types too, and they all live up to what they say. Just like this Stila one, it does what they basically say… Its a matte finish and stays on for hours! Which is great, but i was disappointed in the colour due to it being too cool toned for me, it was a pale pink shade with a blue undertone, which because my skin tone is warm, I avoid these colours.
I did wear it for the day to test out properly and I would consider buying these again but of course in a better shade.
Also the smell wasn't amazing, it just reminded me of wax crayons from when i was young haha, with a sweet scent.

Day 7 - Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Cream
I LOVE a good sleeping cream. Every night I use my Body Shop - Oils of Life Sleeping Cream just because I love the more intense moisture that they give and I feel like i'm getting a facemark whist I sleep.
This Korres one smelt amazing, exactly a wild rose smell. The texture moisturised into my skin really well and quickly, but it felt like more of a normal night cream than a sleeping cream which usually feel more like a layer on the skin, but some people may prefer this.
Wild Rose is for all skin types and targets hydration, brightening and anti-ageing.

Day 8 - Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
I actually saw one of my favourite Make-up Artists 'Nikki Makeup' speak good words about this probably a month ago on one of her instastories and it intrigued me because Ive forever stuck with my all time favourite Lancome Hypnose mascara on myself and clients for the kit so I was definitely giving this a go!
First problem, I have individual lashes on and have done for the past 4 month, so i couldn't trial this that good, although my bottom lashes are very long and i do love them to stand out so i've been using this on them…
The brush applicator is a curved wand which is known for helping the lashes curl, it was also fibre hairs which were fluffy - this is great for volume and the tube of the mascara was my favourite as its not just an average mascara stick, it's a squirty tube thats amazing for pumping more product onto the brush, especially when it's running out, you will sure scrape every last bit out.
My bottom lashes did look lovely, and made them instantly long! Overall i really loved this and can see this becoming a favourite.
Although I didn't find it easy to remove, and that was with my cleansing oil!

Day 9 - Nails Inc Gel One Coat in 'Molton Star'
You know what, Im sick of getting Nail Polishes in all my boxes lately haha! I seem to get one every month in the powder box and now this… I honestly don't use nails polish, I cant be bothered, they just chip and i have to paint like every 2 days.
But! This bronze, gold shade really is nice! Its more metallic than shimmer, so looks great on all nails and as a one colour.


Day 10 - M&S Formula Radiance Reveal Peel
I love how this came on a Sunday!
Im a sucker for a Skincare Sunday routine, where I can just pamper myself for a few hours, so this was on the top of my list.
Seeing as I had the whole of sunday off, I used this straight after my morning shower, to see how much radiance it gave me through the day…
I wouldn't say radiance but this might progress the more I use it but no work of a lie, this peel rolled off all my dead skin (just like my Body Shop favourites) but this one seemed to get drier the more I massaged my skin - which isn't a bad thing, this actually helped remove the rolled of skin more easily with it just dusting off. I rinsed the excess of and carried on with my normal day time serum and moisturiser and my gosh my skin was baby soft! I even made my mum have a go.
I will be using this twice a week now until its gone!

Im ready to see what the next 5 days bring.
Only 2 more reviews then its CHRISTMAS DAY!

Love Sophie xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig