Friday 1 September 2017

August Holiday Skincare Part 2

Last Friday I filled you all in on the Makeup products I took to Greece with me in August, with me aiming my makeup to be looking natural, healthy and sun kissed which I definitely achieved with these products - Catch up HERE

This Friday I promised you Skincare. Usually I stick to the same skincare products for a good 6 months using the same things morning and night, but with me going on holiday I thought it would be a great chance to test out lots of product samples I had, which luckily lasted me 2 week perfectly, with the travel sizes I had.
Some products stayed the same as I had nothing new to replace with, but I will state which products were original uses and new.

I want to show you my whole step-by-step routine, from the morning I woke, cleaning up after the day ready for the evening and my night time regime.
Yes I focus this much on my skin. I love it!

To start off my morning I would be using…
Face Wash (Original)
Body Shop Drops of Light Face Wash 
I use this every day when I'm at home, I love face washes that froth up as it actually feels to me like it is cleaning my skin and cleansing off all the oils that are produced over night.
I chose the Drops of Light range because I wanted to work on evening out my skin tone and brightening my complexion regularly.

Toner (New)
Decleor Aroma Toner 
Now the first thing I noticed about this toner was that it smelled amazing!
A toner is good for the morning as it helps prepare the skin for the moisturiser and this was very important and my face was exposed to sun every day.

Moisturiser (New)
Caudalie Sorbet
This moisturiser is not only new to me but also new to the Caudalie skincare range.
Ive had a long love for Caudalie ever since my purchase of the Beauty Elixir Mist, which made me excited to give this a try.
The smell is the well known grape scent along with a little soft rose smell, and the texture is a very lightweight moisturiser as thats what sorbets are known to be, but I thought this was perfect for the day especially when I was putting my Lancaster Face Protector all over throughout the day.
But I would go down to breakfast after using these 3 products and letting it sink into my skin before applying the suncream all day.
I honestly felt this played a big part in my skin staying well moisturised in the morning and didnt feel clogged with products.

- After a day of sunbathing, I would of course go back to the room, shower, clean up and get ready for the evening which means… Next skincare routine ;)
Many people would be find doing the same routine as above but I wanted more moisture after the sun and a good makeup base…

Face Wash (Original)
The Body Shop Drops of Light Face Wash
Used in the shower to cleanse my skin, removing the days suncream and sweat - this wash made me feel so fresh and clean.

Serum (Original)
Bare Minerals Skin Longevity Serum
This is an original from home, and I have been buying this serum for the past 2 bottles.
At home I use this in the morning after my face wash as a serum to awaken at treat my skin with its amazing ginger extract which makes me feel awaken in the morning.

Moisturiser (Original)
The Body Shop Oils of Life Day Cream
This full routine is basically what i use every morning at home, I find it has the right about of hydration and ingredients that I want to put into my skin and is lightweight enough to apply makeup on top.
I love the Oils of Life range as it keeps my skin on top form from its condition to preventing ageing.

- A few hours later I would be getting in form dinner and a night out and getting all the makeup off and preparing my skin for bed, which at this time of night I actually had an alternative evening treatment…

Makeup Remover/Cleanser  (New)
Caudalie Cleansing Oil 
Im sure you all know I have a great love for all skincare oils! So as it being Caudalie again I was excited to test this one out and actually put it to the test comparing it to my Body Shop Camomile Cleaning Oil which I use every night at home…
I preferred my Body Shop one for sure, just due to the fact it didnt feel smooth enough for saying it was an oil like the Camomile one is so silky soft and just glides my makeup off.
I also struggled getting mascara off slightly with this Caudalie cleanser, so I guess this would be better suited for people who wear very minimal makeup and maybe more mature ladies due to the grape extract targeting ageing.

Serums
ALTERNATE NIGHTS…

Alpha H Liquid Gold (New)
This is basically an more intense, overnight serum treatment with ingredients to target pretty much everything!! from redness to lines.
Using this on its own without night cream actually makes work better
I loveeeed this and have actually purchased a bottle this week as I've nearly finished the sample size.

Night Cream (New)
Neals Yard Beauty Sleep Concentrate 
This was one of the samples I got from Kaye (private Neals Yard Consultant) 
I got a little kit with 4 products including the Face Mist, Mask and Beauty Balm.
This sleeping concentrate is of course an over night moisturiser, just like my Oils of life Sleeping Cream.
It aims to rejuvenate the skin. It smelled lovely and spa like as per with Neals yard, i did really like this but at night i like a thicker consistency which is why I would stick with my oils of life, but for those who don't like an overly heavy moisturiser at night then this would be great.

Eye Cream (Original)
The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream 
This is one I use at home, I think with eye creams you just need to stick with one so actually see benefits but mainly to be sure it keeps your eyes hydrated. 
Dehydration around the eyes is what causes lines and wrinkles so this has been a favoutite of mine lately as vitamin E is best known for hydration with it containing wheatgerm oil and i find that it is not to clog around the eyes as thats another thing that can cause puffiness if eye creams are too thick.
But i LOVE a good hydrating eye mask ever so often.

Last but not least I took with me some Exfoliant Face Sheets, which I used on the first night after the flight, as always my skin goes dry but greasy from the flight as it makes my skin dehydrated and dried out, which is so common.
So to start the holiday I thought what better way to exfoliate and brighten the skin before bed.
NUFACE - Prep and Glow Exfoliate Sheets (New)
My gosh I LOVED these!
Im ordering a pack of 10 whilst I write this!
One side of the wipe was like a uneven bumpy surface, which was part 1 - You exfoliate this side all over the face after you have cleansed then on the other side is a smooth surface cloth which you go back over you skin with the calm and smooth out the skin.
These wipes target exfoliation on dead skin from the surface and aim to brighten the complexion.
Literally I saw and felt a difference straight away, by skin felt so clean and silky soft I was definitely skin ready for my holiday. 

Thats EVERYTHING, you can blink…
Haha, I love the skincare side to makeup and beauty, I find trying new products so much fun compared to years ago when my skin was so oily (it was actually dehydrated) and now since I have actually used the right products on my skin I'm not scared to experiment. 
Don't worry, ill be your guinea pig!

Overall after using these new products, the way my skin resulted to on holiday and since I've been back I can honestly say that my skin stayed fully hydrated throughout the 2 weeks, no oiliness, no dried out skin from the sun, just perfectly normal. 
Usually I either break out from suncreams or i dry out from the sun exposure.
So these products must have done me some good! 

I hope you found that interesting and helpful to developing a skincare routine yourself, its so important to look after your skin, and you will thank me and yourself later.

Please feel free to message me if you would like any discounted Body Shop Products or to receive my FREE skincare consultation helping you map out your routine with the exact products perfect for you.

Love Sophie xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig