Sunday 10 September 2017

Powder Beauty Box - June 2017

I hope you've seen my insta snaps of my latest subscription with the amazing Powder Box.
Im officially on my 2nd one so thought it was a perfect time to review my first box that i got sent last month, strangely on the paperwork it said June 2017 so I'm stating that date, even though the month was August, not too sure…

Anyway, if you don't already know, POWDER BEAUTY is a subscription box which your pay for monthly, this one is £10pm
There are many other subscription beauty boxes out there such as Glossy Box (one i used to have years ago), Birch box, look fanatstic and many more!
I guess choosing your box brand would depend on what you are more interested in for your products and what brands you would like to recieve.

Powder box caught my eye the most as I've been following Powder Beauty since they launched last year and I loved the overall look, the unique products and brands and the amazing tip and tricks that they share.
These boxes have a great variety on makeup, skincare and hair products that will suit everyone.

Im going to go through all the products that i received in this months box and let you know what i thought of them…
I tested each product thoughout the weeks up to the second box, which was roughly 2 weeks.

Ciate Gelology Nail Polish - in 'Dangerous Affair'
For years I always used to have acrylics on my nails, which at the start of this year i decided to get removed and let my nails grow themselves, until august when i went on holiday i wanted them nicely painted as they do grow nicely now, so i got Shellac on… I regret this!! my nails feel wrecked at the moment, I'm constantly applying OPI Nail Envy to repair them but i did give this polish a go too.
Its a gorgeous oxblood, wine red which I love in autumn, i always get drawn to these shades wether its nails, clothes or makeup!
It is a thicker consistency than basic nail polish with its gel technology, with a easy size applicator for nail sizes and a glossy finish overall.

Elemis Hydro-Boost Day Cream
We all love a good Elemis Treat! This cream is targeted for dull looking, drier skin that needs a good boost. It contains Hyaluraic Acid to lock in moisture, Marsh Samphire and Starflower oil to protect and build your skins moisture layer.
Lately my skin has been pretty normal, but I wanted to use it anyway… Because my skin hasn't been dry i decided to use this more towards the evening on my skin as for the morning i didnt need something too creamy, but I loved it!
Of course the texture was on the thicker side, but thats the whole point!
The smell was just gorgeous. Very fresh, but floral and spa-like, which takes me to Zen land!
And the ingredients that this contains are right up my street when it comes to conditioning our special skin. This will be a perfect winter moisturiser when our skin starts to get dry.

Burts Bees Oil Cleanser
You all know I love a good Cleansing Oil! I hope you have all got over your fear of face oils!! Trust me they work for all skin types.
Oils are my favourite when removing makeup as it really does dissolve everything onto your cotton pad after a long, layered makeup day.
This had the original Burts Bees scent with a hint of coconut, which seems to be everywhere this year, so yes, this did the trick and removed my makeup beautifully!

The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm
Well my go-to Lip balm has always been Malin + Goetz, but I can now say I'm spoilt for choice, they both are an equal number 1.
This balm is packed with anti-oxidants and infused with Rosehip oil and Shea Butter, which makes the smell of this so creamy/floral, its too good!
The texture is spot on too, not sticky, thick or gel-like, more creamy and smooth.

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream
This has been a product I have had in the past, do you remember my M&S Christmas Advent Calendar, well this was when I first received this product. I loved it then and i still love it now.
It is a funny texture to describe actually, its looks more solid but comes out more like a thick greek yogurt, just not as creamy. I know, i sound mad but if it does the trick… and it sure does, it feels comfortable and cool on the eyes. But dries up quick so you do need to use it every night and make sure the lid is on tight.

REN Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
Ive always seen REN as a brand for oily skin types, I just find they do a lot of oil control based products so I was surprised when i saw a rescue mask. This mask is perfect for those who have sensitive, stressed skin.
When you apply this it feels as light as a moisturiser then it starts to set harder but feeling like your skin has a matte sheen over the face.
I actually loved the feeling of this and my face felt really even and protected when i removed it, so i can see exactly where the 'rescue' comes from.

GHD Advance Split End Therapy
My love for Hair care products is constantly growing lately. Since I've actually started to take more care when handling my hair and purchasing products I've really started to see a difference, my hair has grown like crazy and its alway feels silky, which I am grateful for as i used to bleach the hell out of it!
This product is actually activated by heat. So perfect for those who blow-dry or straighten their hair a lot, see I love a good blow dry.
So when I saw this GHD therapy creme i was dying to try it out.
I applied this to damp hair, just after it had been towel dried and applied it to the ends of my hair around the size of a 10pence piece.
The texture was creamy and thick but felt like it was actually pushing down the cuticles of my hair to give it a smooth finish, so I shall be using this up until its gone!

Smashbox Always on Mate Liquid Lipstick - in 'Drivers Seat'
My FAVOURITE of the box, or is it because I love makeup too much?
Well this Liquid Lipstick was just the colour I had been looking for… A nude, brown with a red undertone. Its the perfect winter shade which also makes your skin look brighter.
The main point is this lipstick tasted agessss! I ate, drank, talked loads and it was still on.
The fact that this is matte, worried me that it would look crumbly as the hours went by, but i was impressed that it looked exactly the same.
The applicator was also a perfect shape and size for any lips with its pointed tip.
And apparently its their best selling colour ;)

How good was this box ;)
I can't wait to review my latest September box…

Also, each box comes wrapped up in tissue and shredded paper to reveal the hidden products.
It also contains a little booklet, explaining what each product is and what it does along with little 'POW-ER' tips - I love that idea.
A beauty Dictionary Index explaining any words/ingredients of what they mean, and a great discount and offers section, revealing codes for some of the brands within the box.

Im LOVING these boxes so much, as you know i like trying new and unique products.

What do you think to this box?
Would you use any of these products?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig