Wednesday 20 June 2018

Psychotherapy Q&A

I hope Sue opened your mind to 'starter' hypnotherapy into a positive light.
It can be a topic people run away from but how easy were her tips to adapt into our every day life?

How much deeper can we get with Sue's tips?
Our Q&A's are going to answer what we've been racking our brains about this week…

So Sue,
Can everyone change their wellbeing when it comes to mindset?
I believe that a positive state of mind impacts on general wellbeing. Some people may find this more of a challenge than others so it is important to feel ready for taking the steps that will lead to that positive frame of mind. 

How do we know when we create the right positive mindset?
It will feel like it’s just a natural reaction, requiring little or no conscious thought. This is because, through practice, the logical thinking mind creates links to the subconscious; when these links are established, it becomes second nature and we no longer have to ‘think’ about it. 

What happens if I can’t focus on how I am feeling when I do the tips given?
This may take time and a little practice. I would suggest short periods of time to do this, and allow feelings to surface. If focus remains difficult, relaxation techniques will help. I have many strategies that could effectively deal with this issue.

My negative thoughts override positivity, how can I push these thoughts away?
There are several ways to achieve this. The use of distraction or acknowledgement is helpful for some people. It is difficult to say what method would work best without knowing the nature of the negative thoughts, just ask yourself - how would it be if I was able to think more positive thoughts?
Really get a clear picture in your mind as to what you’re life would be like without the negative thoughts. Then own that picture. Hypnosis is great for targeting specific issues like this. 

I feel stuck in my own routine when it comes to trying new things, how can I discover what I really love in life?
I feel that dealing with the ‘stuckness’ would be the first thing to explore; helping you to see what keeps you stuck. Ask yourself what you need in order to progress. I’d be happy to offer more support on a 1-1 basis.

Sometimes I get distracted or my mind wanders when I try to have me time how can I really focus on the practice recommended?
It is perfectly normal for the human brain to function in this way. I wonder what constitutes ‘me time’ for you? Focus takes practice and patience, guided meditation is often a good place to start. I offer a ‘Mini Meditation’ session on the first Monday of each month.

Can anyone do hypnosis to themselves?
It is possible to teach clients the rudiments of trance induction/deep relaxation for them to practice on their own at home. 

I am scared of the thought of hypnosis, how can I overcome this?
I offer a free 30 minute, no obligation consultation session to all clients. It’s a great way for me to find out a little more about you and the issue and for you to get more of an idea about what a session would entail and ask any questions. 

How often would you recommend doing hypnosis for?
I have tailored packages of support for each individual client to suit their needs. It is difficult to recommend an actual time scale as it varies between clients but I would usually say work on 3-4 sessions and then review. These could be weekly, fortnightly or longer, depending on the client and the issue. 

How much does this topic seriously open your eyes!
Its amazing how we can tap into our subconscious mind and really change the way we act and thing about such basic things.
And its something we can forever work on and create the perfect mindset to life and ourselves.
Has this made you think about getting some Hypnotherapy?
Or maybe something you would be more open to now that you understand it a lot better.
Change is good, and our mindset is number 1.

For the final week of June's Wellness Month, we have our special Nutritionist talking all things food and supplements when it comes to the menopause stage, squashing those myths and informing us on what we really should be investing and looking out for when it comes to our body and health.
Tune in to Pamelas Guest Blog on Tuesday, and deeper Q&A's on Thursday.
Love Sophie  xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig