Saturday 7 April 2018

FINAL Powder Beauty Boxes - Feb/Mar

As I went away throughout February, I received 2 Powder boxes as they come within the first week of the month, so since Ive been back I have been testing and trialing both boxes.
Luckily both boxes were quite different when it came to products so Ive been able to do them throughout March to give you a full review this month.

The most important news of all… Powder Beauty Drawers are officially ending.
And March was the last box that I would recieve.
I did receive an email explaining why, which was so they can work on exclusive and seasonal boxes more direct to bring you the best boxes with fabulous brands - just like their special NARS edition box that they released late last year.
I totally get the reason, and maybe they do not collaborate with enough brands to feed us different products every month.
So I am upset, as i LOVE receiving monthly boxes with new and unknown products that I can try and discover for myself, clients and my blog readers.

I will be looking for another makeup/beauty month box, but I want to do my hard research first so that I get quality products worth my money.
I will keep you all in the loop.
I definitely will also invest in Powders exclusive boxes that they will release in the future.

Anyway, let crack on with my February and March boxes and update you on what products i recieved, they sure were amazing too!

First - FEBRUARY….


DR Paw Paw - Soothing Balm (Limited Edition Red Sparkle)
A massively popular brand when it comes to UK makeup artist kits! These products are saviours for dry, broken, irritated skin that may be visible on clients/models.
Miller Harris - Tea Tonique 
Shower Wash - These are soap-free washes, so im sure thats a win for sensitive skin types. Its a lovely fresh smelling wash that is easy to work into the skin in the shower, leaving your feel clean and perked up.
Body Lotion - Again, same smell, beautiful scent to feel refreshing and clean straight after the shower. A lightweight cream that sinks quickly into the skin and feels silky soft.

Sleek - Matte Me Lip Cream in 'Rioja Red'
It actually look me ages to find the brand of this products until I saw the blended name tag on the lid which was black on black…
Anyway, once i found out it was Sleek I automatically thought, 'Yes this pigment is bound to be amazing!' 
Im afraid this wasn't a favourite… It was so dry on the lips within minutes of applying and was a little hard to build the colour up as the applicator tip did wipe off previous layers.
Although the colour was lovely and a great statement lip, with a great warm pink undertone, which I love in my reds.


Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil is a favourite amongst lots of people, the fact that it is scientifically well researched with the ingredients made me excited to use.
It really does mean it when it says 'Gentle'. For me this didn't feel enough of a cleanse for me, as I am 'foam' girl!
Although, for people that hate or are scared to use new cleansers on their skin, this would be one that I would recommend as it works for the skin without it feeling powerful.

Rodial - Suade Lip Crayon
Rodial is a LOVEEEEE of mine when it comes to skincare, I literally want to buy so many of their skincare products, even that I don't need, BUT my first impressions on 'Makeup collections' I was not pleased with. I was so guttered that I didn't like their makeup product, it really was just sooooo dry, and I definitely did not see or feel any benefits from this product. Its a massive no from me. 


Context - Micro-derm Regenorator
Anything Mircoderm worded for me gets an 'oooo' I love what these products are designed for… Removing and exfoliating dead skin cells from on top and below the surface.
This was a gel like texture with black tiny beads within the clear formula. 
The beads did not feel harsh or rough on the skin which is a bonus but it definetly felt like my skin was getting a light exfoliant, and felt amazing after.

MARCH BOX
This box massively surprised me with the amount and size of these products! 
I was so excited to get starting!


Hyraluron - Moisture Soothing Mask 
You all know I love a good mask, and to discover a Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Mask on a sheet was a highlight for my eyes.
I somehow resisted using this, saving it for a Skincare Sunday afternoon.
The mask is a full face sheet which lays on to of the face, with holes in the eyes, mouth, nose and even ear covers.
The sheet felt absolutely drenched in product, which could actually be used more than once with the remainder of product/liquid left in the pack - please make sure your skin is fully cleansed before you use if you want to reuse.
I left this mask on for a recommended 15-20 mins, whilst I read a magazine and let my skin soak up the goodness.
It was pure goodness. I removed the sheet and my skin felt baby soft! Hydration restored!

Bee Good - Honey and Propolis 2in1 Cream Cleanser
Another cleanser to test out. I was using this before my gym sessions in the morning, so as soon as i woke up I washed my skin using this cleanser, having a bonus of 2in1, with a quick dash of moisturiser after, before my skin got sweaty. 
So for 1 this was a great morning cleanser and definitely cleaned the skin after a night of my skin producing oils, it softly replenished the oils for the day ahead.
This also came with a mini muslim cloth to make your skin feel extra clean.
Although again, this wasn't foamy enough for me, but it did the trick. Also honey products don't seem to have a tendency to foam anyway. It is too make your skin feel smooth and input antibacterial properties.
I love the honey/bee properties in skincare so this was a gentle and soothing cleanser for me. It is also made from British Bees.

Roger & Gallet - Replenishing Body Lotion with Fig Bud
Im forever searching for my favourite moisturiser… Honestly I could repurchase this one forever.
For 1, I love the smell of Fig, which won me over straight away, and of course this fully moisturised my skin so well, actually claiming 24hours on the bottle; is true!

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in 'Devouement' 600
Another Lip Cream… with this one being Matte also, i expected drying again.
But i was really impressed with this one, it was really creamy on the lip, great colour pay off and lasted well.
The colour was very bright pink on me, but I would for sure buy other colours from the Revlon HD range.

Nuxe - Precious Scented Shower Gel 
This has been in a previous box; Decembers… It sure was a love of mine in the past when I was using it. Its such a glowing products that leaves your skin silky after your shower with a slight shimmer in the gel that actually stays on the skin when you have dried off. 
Perfect for weekends or occasions you want a bit of glow.

PopBand Go Girl - Hair Bobbles
When I saw these I was a little skeptic. I usually use basic hair bobbles as I only wear my hair up at the gym, and any blonde bobble will do in my eyes. My hair is in amazing condition and im not going to stress myself out when it comes to harmful bobbles at this moment in time.
But PopBand bobbles are not only for the hair, but actually described as an arm accessory too.
The most simplest thing was actually a genius idea. I do always have a bobble on my wrist for emergencies, so I swapped to wearing one of these on my arm and they looked so cute and a lot more prettier than a basic bobble.
But the main point is, they work great holding the hair and the elasticity is very giving, which is a great all rounder!!
So I have officially been converted and will actually buy these bobbles in future.

Neutrogena - Hydro Boost Water Cleanser
The size of this beauty!!! 
Neutrogenas NEW Hydrating boosting water cleanser is lovely and cleansing, finally a product that foams, and made my skin feel squeaky clean. Ok, some people hate the feeling of squeaky clean skin, and it sure felt like that but not with a static finish, it was more of a matte finish which I thought would suit best with oily skin types.
I love how it has Hyaluronic Acid in which is known to keep skin hydrated but overall left my skin feeling clean and supple.
I used this as a 'double cleanse' in the evenings, starting off by removing my makeup with an oil balm then washing the excess with this cleanser.


So like i said, there will be no more Powder box reviews as of yet :( but will be looking for a new monthly box.
There sure were some fab products that i have received from powder, and I have definitely discovered some amazing brands and products that I sure will be re purchasing! 

Love Sophie x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig