Sunday 22 April 2018

REVIEW: STILA Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow

Who doesn't LOVE a Glitter eye lid!
Its usually all about combining a loose glitter, with a glitter glue and placing it on the eyelid.
Well STILA just made this super easy! With a sweep of an eye stick.

I had to get reviewing this product now that the sunshine is here, and that our moods are all lifted, of course we want popping eye glitter.



I got 2 of these shades when I was in Australia at the Mecca Maxima store - BEST MAKEUP SHOP EVER!
I had been wanting a few of these for months but everywhere was sold out wherever I went, until I saw a cheeky hidden drawer with a collection of ALL the Stila Glitter shades.
My bank balance was lucky that I walked away with 2 and not every shade in the collection.

The glitter shades I brought were, Kitten Karma - a champagne/silver/copper glitter and Wanderlust (part of their new collection - a rose gold glitter.
I tend to find that I use more champagne/rose gold shimmers when it comes to clients makeup looks.
These colours are more on trend and most requested.

Stila's 'Glitter and Glow' formulas are a liquid glitter shimmer all in one, which are highly pigmented without looking like wet glitter particles.
The fact that they have a shimmer sheen, helps bond the liquid glitter into a unique formula which makes the finished look more polished and popping on the eyelids.

Once you apply these to the eye lids, with an easy brush stroke, they take around 10 seconds to fully dry, then they do not budge!
You can then build up layers until you are happy with the glitter pigment.
1 layer is great for a shimmery eye look,
2 layers are enough if you are wanting complete statement.

Best thing about these products is that you do not need a base colour for these stand out. Adding the layers build up an all over colour that stands out beautifully.
I find a base before these liquid shadows just looked more partitioned when it came to the shadow moving underneath.

I love the finish of these sticks on various makeup looks, I have found look more flattering than a pure glitter pigment as I don't always like the grainy look - so fine glitter is the way forward.

I shall sure be purchasing a few more of these beauties.

Do you have and Stila Glitter and Glow shadows?

Love Sophie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig